Thursday, June 29, 2006

Heh. I said "crotch."

It seems that the latest seasonal gimmick at Starbucks is an oversize cookie made to look like an orange or lime slice. To help their customers more easily identify these cookies, the great minds behind Starbucks' baked goods have coated them in copious amounts of Day-Glo orange and green sugar icing of some sort. If the theory is that you either a) feel less guilty for eating a cookie if it looks like fruit; or b) don't actually gain weight from eating a cookie that looks like fruit, then I'm completely behind it.

I am in a piss-poor mood today. The past two weeks of feeling like I'm sitting directly inside a sponge is making me crotchety. Humidity is for suckers!

On a lighter note, I finished reading ATONEMENT by Ian McEwan last night. It was gorgeous and heartbreaking. I felt through the entire book that McEwan was really USING language in a way I hadn't read before. It was lush and beautiful and you should read it. The end.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also read that book my Sistah!! Super good - even bitchen. I hate weather! I look like Pat today.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home