Monday, November 13, 2006

Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

"Oh, my word," Stephanie said.

She was on her cell phone, calling from a drugstore. She was standing in front of the magazine rack.

"Oh, dear. See, in between Gourmet and Boating is Custom Combat Handguns."
"Hm. That sounds like an appropriate place to put it."
"Yes. On the cover of Custom Combat Handguns number 46, we have the Ed Brown Kobra Carry."
"The cobra what?"
"Kobra. With a K. According to the cover, it's new and it's maximized!"
"I see."
"Kobra Carry. Is that like Cobra Kai?"

And then I pictured Billy Zabka as Johnny Lawrence cleaning out his rifle before karate practice at the dojo ("Sweep the leg — you got a problem with that?"), and it made my day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no... you got it wrong. I was at a laundromat, not a drugstore. The magazines were piled on top of the quarter machine- hence the randomness. Granted there is a White Hen Pantry 3 stores down from the laundromat and I wouldn't be surprised if they did carry Custom Combat Handguns, but that was not the case here. Kobra with a "K," is that like Ali with an "i?"

6:56 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

Why did I think you were in a drugstore? Jebus, I'm the worst listener ever.

Carry on.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home