Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Is this happening in your office, too?

The Chorus of Infection? Everybody has this crappy illness that's going around. It's a new symphony called Sick, in Three Parts: The Nose, The Throat, The Eyes — A Musical Interlude Through Unending Dryness.

Just now, one of my coworkers met with another coworker while she was having a coughing fit. During one brief pause, I cleared my throat to avoid a coughing fit of my own. She began coughing again, and during another brief pause, another coworker blew her nose. I cleared my throat again, and then coughed. The first coworker resumed her coughing, then walked away, as the coughing slowly faded out.

It was simply melodic.

For the overture, I may incorporate the lilting sounds of lip balm being spread across my mouth, and then a soft sigh, as it no longer matters how much lip balm I apply or how much I drink, my mouth has been dry for two weeks.

Fin.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Rosman said...

man, do i sing that song!

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Airborne it, baby. Pink Grapefruit flavor. It'll change your life. Peace and all things holy.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home