Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ongoing Facebook Comment Stream, 6.25.09

Marla Garfield remembers the day in 1983 when she asked her mom if she could marry Michael Jackson if he converted to Judaism.

Lysa Goodman Poore at 7:50pm June 25
Well he comverted his face, though not into Judaism. Cubism maybe.

Scott Friedman at 7:54pm June 25
LOL Lysa. That's funny right there

Lisa Ferber at 7:55pm June 25
did she say yes?

Marla Garfield at 7:55pm June 25
Picasso never dreamt such a face, oy.

Marla Garfield at 7:57pm June 25
Lisa: I'm not kidding, this is what happened: I asked, and she hesitated for a minute, and I shouted, "You're racist!" and ran out of the room. I was 9.

Lysa Goodman Poore at 7:59pm June 25
LMFAO...Marla, you rock. Me and my Barbie camper van were not worthy!!

Stephanie Garfield Dobbins at 8:19pm June 25
Did this conversation happen before or after you and Stacy ripped down my poster of him (the one in the yellow vest and the white background with the grandma broach) and told me he was not cool anymore?

Marla Garfield at 8:42pm June 25
I don't remember, but in any case, we only told you that because my poster was cooler than yours (brown leather jacket, purple background, no grandma jewelry) and I was bitter you hung yours in the best spot in our bedroom (on the back of our door). The only way I could hang my poster in its rightful position was if I told you Michael Jackson wasn't cool anymore and ripped yours down. And no, I'm not sorry, dammit!

Wait, did you rip mine down too as retaliation? We were mean.

Jenifer Golec Bement at 9:00pm June 25
LMAO.

Lauren Garfield-Herrin at 9:02pm June 25
That may be the funniest thing I have ever heard. How come this story has not been shared yet?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so now you're just posting facebook conversations? this blog is going downhill fast.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous shlomomio said...

LOL!!! Hey listen, anonymous...either show up here with a sense of humor or don' show up at all. K??? If this blog is doing downhill so fast, get off the sled and save yourself. Just sayin'.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Exactly.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous LAG-H said...

Word. Anonymous, you would be hard pressed to find such an entertaining blog. Marla- I asked Mom about this at dinner and she did not remember. How sad.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home