Friday, May 09, 2008

Oh, also?

Another thing I love about living in New York? Catching out-of-context clips of people's conversations as I walk past them on the sidewalk. Tonight as I walked down 50th Street toward the subway on my way home from work, I passed a guy who was whoa!chatty with his friends, but all I caught was, "You know what I was thinking in my head?"

And then, as I crossed the street to my block, I passed a woman who was yikes!chatty with her friends, and what I caught was, "I mean, she was chubby, chubby all over, but she wasn't fat."

You know what I was thinking in my head?

As someone who can easily be described as chubby, chubby all over, I was thinking in my head, Isn't chubby all over the very definition of fat?

And then I started thinking in my head about what the differences are between just chubby, chubby all over, and fat. And then I wanted to hit myself over the head (the one in which I think things) with something blunt, so I stopped.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Trubshawe said...

marla garla - i love this little bit of waffle you have discribed...chubby - chubby all over, but not fat....i am going to discribe myself as that from now on! love you to pieces...and glad to see you are cutting your chicken piece as you see fit!! x x x x
still the best write on the block!! xx

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home