Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Random bits

* Today, for the first time in six years, I am paying off the balance of my Visa card. This is monumental for several reasons, not the least of which is that my husband — a student — has no job, and our debt is stratospheric. I don't know how I managed to get to this point. In any event, the last time I paid off my credit card, it lasted about a week, and then Stacy and I took a spontaneous trip to Scandinavia. Tipping our toes into the land of "Take on Me" ringtones and men whose names we understood to be Jrgn Shplrgn was well worth the dive back into the debt-utante ball, but that was 2001, yo. I'm-a gonna make this one last two weeks, for sure!

* Today, Amy was talking about her ex-boyfriend's new fiancée, whose photo she has seen because her ex-boyfriend was so kind as to send her an e-mail with a picture attached of the two of them. (NOTE TO BOYS: DO NOT EVER DO THIS.) Amy said that it's not that the fiancée isn't pretty, it's just that she isn't "HIS kind of pretty." She said, "I feel like she would have fake nails, you know what I mean?" I have not seen the offending picture, but just by that description, I know exactly what she looks like.

* Today I had a good workout. I've been on a good kick of it lately, which has been enlightening in that I don't hate it as much as usual (which isn't saying a thing, considering I hate working out A LOT), but it's also been making me feel incredibly old. I have a consistent dull ache in my left hip, and it's taking forever to get the bloat down, though it used to take about two weeks. I've become an old Jewish lady. Oy, my hip! It smarts!

* Today I heard that Peter Boyle died. It is incredibly sad. So let's take a moment of silence for him.














Thanks.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm watching Pride and Prejudice. Do you play the piano forte?

7:12 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Why, I do indeed! It was included with my dowry we gave to Colonel Brandon.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas...does he have prospects?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Why, no, sadly. He only has 30 a year, I'm afraid, and none of the gentlemen of society will join him in cards. He shall have to settle for a life of calling on lonely ladies in the country if he's to have any fortnight dithering what's that you say?

Wow. We went from Pride & Prejudice to Sense & Sensibility to ... absolutely nothing.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This whole matter has frightened my nerves, where are my smelling salts? I wont be able to sleep for a fortnight and twine Mr. Bingley

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worst blog conversation ever. Can't you please go back to the Moistness that is Taye Diggs' genitalia?

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not a team player I reckon Bethany

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home